Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ribbon Heart Wreath



In a magazine called Create and Decorate, they had an idea for a Christmas wreath using curly ribbon and paper strips.  I thought it was really cute and decided to make a Valentine's wreath.


I found at the funny little store called Kings (where I bought my pear decorations) all of this fun stuff.  They have the quirkiest seasonal decorations for super cheap!
I found this wired ribbon wreath,( which saved me a few steps) and Valentine curly ribbon.
I used my Target plate as a pattern for a better heart and shaped the wire around it.
I cut paper 1/2 inch paper strips.  Having a paper cutter really helps.  This actually isn't mine...it's my mom's that I borrowed and haven't returned.... yet...
Curl the paper around a pencil or dowel.
I began by tying the curly ribbon around the wreath. (Sorry about the blurry pic)  I then wove the other ribbons and strips. I did not use any glue. If I need to, I can reuse or steal these cute ribbons for later! :)
I think it's a fun and cheap idea for Valentine's Day!




Creations by Kara
&
Transformation Thursday at the Shabby Chic Cottage

11 comments:

Taija said...

Cute and clever! How fun!

Connie said...

I love that! You are so smart to buy a wreath with the red ribbon first and then just add your own curls. Wonderful job.

The Harris Family said...

Thats so cute!

Linda said...

CUTE...CUTE...CUTE!!! I'm lovin this idea! Hope you have a FUN week!

P.S. LOOK...a new FRIEND!


Blessings,
Linda

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Cute!

Jenny @ Words on Wendhurst said...

SUCH a cute idea. I love how it could be modified for any holiday. Nice job!

Stephanie Lynn said...

This is adorable!!

Kara@ Creations by Kara said...

Such a darling idea!! I'm thinking that something similar would be great for New Year's Eve.
Thanks so much for joining my party. :)

Roo said...

I made one, but it didn't turn out as cute.
You rock.

maggie said...

This is lovely! I think it's a great wreath for Mother's Day too! x

PartyLikePaula said...

Just shared this on my blog: http://www.partylikepaula.com/2012/01/valentine-wreaths.html. Great idea...I love it!

Paula

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...