I got up the courage to take all four boys into Target for pictures. I begged Grandma to help me wrangle them all into the studio. We were able to get some cute shots. I have been needing some frames to put the photos in and these ones have been in my head for a while now. They are cheap- and don't require mats. Plus, I cheated. Target doesn't get the pictures in for another week. These are the tiny photos from online. I simply printed them off and glue sticked them onto chipboard. I don't have to worry about ruining a nice photo without any glass.
I distressed them a bit- because I eventually plan to use them in their rooms.
My intention with the little photos was to mod podge over them to give the pictures a "painting" look. Not a good idea with ink jet printers. I made my second boy look pink! It worked with the colorful Santa Clause a few months back?!
I started with a small 10.00 sheet of MDF that Home Depot cut up for me into 12x12" squares. I marked a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square.
Drilled a hole.
Put the jigsaw in the hole, and cut VERY crookedly around the square!:)
The crookedness will be covered by trim...don't worry!
I had to try out my new Christmas present. My in-laws gave me a gift certificate to Home Depot....not their SON.....but me..! The guy in the store thought that was pretty funny. I'm so spoiled....thank you to my lovely mother and father in law! :)
I also picked up cheap 1x2's for 82 cents a piece. Just make sure they lay straight. Measure and miter the corners. You could easily use a miter box. I did on a couple of the trim cuts.
I always like to glue before I nail.
If I do this again, I will put the inside trim on first. Mine wasn't as square or straight as I would have liked it.
When I glued the trim on, I created a little bit of a lip, or overhang, so I could later insert the picture.
I glued this on with hard as nails glue. It worked wonderfully.
Fill the cracks!
I thought I wanted them silver, but didn't like it for the kids' rooms.
I went to town distressing, but regret it now! It does help hide all the imperfections and crookedness.
I sprayed them over in white. When I rubbed the edges, the silver came out...and I think I like it. It looks very shabby!:)
You know, I'm kinda the blog hog with all my projects, because Nicole is pretty busy with her business....but I do call her several times (more than she would like) a day, asking how in the heck to do all this. She is THE much wiser and capable, older sister! :)