In high school I had a date with a boy I was trying
so hard to impress.
Imagine my surprise when we went to Pizza Hut
and he being all manly had to order the pizza with ham and mushrooms.
I seriously froze in my chair,
I might as well have been on Fear Factor eating creepy crawly things~
yes, that's what I thought of mushrooms.
Well the only thing that date was good for is that it made me love mushrooms!
So here's my version of a couple of recipes I put together
Olive oil or Pam vegetable spray
1 slice of white sandwich bread
2 T. butter
1 garlic clove
1/2 of one small onion finely diced
sprinkle of garlic powder
4 oz soft goat cheese
2 T. dried parsley
1/4 tsp. red-pepper flakes
approximately 16 golf ball size white button mushrooms
1. Preheat your over to 400 degrees and lightly oil your baking sheet.
2. Toast your white bread and crumble it into fine pieces~
can use a food processor to make it really fine.
Add a light sprinkle of garlic powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Remove mushroom stems and dice finely.
4. In a medium saute pan cook butter, onions, mushroom stems and garlic.
Cook until tender. Add in the parsley flakes, red pepper flakes and season with salt to desired taste.
5. Add onion, garlic and mushroom stem mixture to goat cheese.
6. Spoon filling into each mushroom and press the top of the mushroom with cheese mixture into the breadcrumbs. Place on baking sheet and bake until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned approximately 15-20 minutes.
They are so yummy and cheesy with a kick from the red pepper flakes!
Too good to pass up!