Monday, April 25, 2011

Teacher Door Decorations

Somehow I was talked into decorating
4 Doors for Teacher Appreciation Week!
(Susie you are very persuasive *wink*)
But, just because I may be a little crafty
doesn't mean I have a non stop supply
of crafty ideas, especially when it comes
to clever ways to do up a door.
I also thought it would be so easy
to just google and get ideas to do....
but I found there weren't very many ideas out there.
I was so frustrated and wasted so much time just
trying to come up with something
that by the time I got to doing the doors
I wasn't feeling too crafty.

I quickly found out that glue sticks and construction paper
aren't really good together.
That you should always plan for a door to have a handle.
That even if things look straight laid out on the ground
while you are gluing them on, they will look really
crooked when they are hung up.
Oh, and yes, a "g" looks backwards too
when you are gluing it on at midnight.

So, I thought it would be fun to share some of the fun doors
that were done at our school!
Here's a few that were already up when I went
to hang up mine.
Didn't they turn out great!!!
This is the one I did for my daughter's teacher.
They have been reading Charlotte's Web
and I just couldn't resist!
I cannot begin to explain the appreciation
I have for this good teacher of hers.
I have been able to volunteer a lot this year
and I have loved every minute!
What a debt we owe to our teachers!
So thank you Mrs. Burris!
You are indeed "Some Teacher"!

We hope you all had a wonderful Easter Holiday!
We had a fun potluck family dinner
and I made chocolate dipped strawberries
for the first time.
I was amazed at how quickly they disappeared!
It was great and we came home stuffed and content.
Is there any better feeling?:)


Lorie said...

Nicole, I could kiss you right now! I have been looking for an idea and these are so great!!

JC's Loft said...

WOW those are so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!


Lyndsey said...

You did great!! I decorated a door for Dr.Seuss week!! It was so fun!! You are too good :)

brossettelewis said...

I did Charlotte's web last year (I can't believe i didn't blog it...grrr) and had the kids all color a wilber for the bottom and used glitter for the web. Yours turned out very cute.:) Thanks for posting so many doors as I am looking again for ideas for this year.

richelle said...

I wish I had come here to see some of your ideas! I had to do A door (I can't imagine are my hero), anyway what cute ideas!!!

Tiffany Robertson said...

Awesome...very cool idea!

Mist. Shamsun Naher said...

Definitely imagine that that you stated. Your favourite justification appeared to be on the web the easiest factor to take into account of. I say to you, I definitely get irked whilst people consider concerns that they plainly don't recognise about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as outlined out the entire thing with no need side effect , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thank you.
garage door repairs durham nc

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...