Thursday, March 24, 2011

Blossoms

I have been wanting to make faux spring blossom branches ever since I saw Susie Harris make some a few weeks ago. You take cheap blossoms and hot glue them onto real branches. Super cheap and easy!
It was time consuming, but I love the look of the real branches. 
The tree will be perfect to hang my Easter Eggs from. 
I found my flower bunches at Hobby Lobby for 50% off.
 I have a friend that made a blossom tree with me and she found her flowers at the dollar store.
The budding branches were perfect to glue each petal onto.

If you are looking for something a little easier, Martha has a great idea.

A few years ago, when I was art (crazy!) mom for my son's first grade class, we made Martha's Stewart's Tissue Cherry Blossom Trees.  The trees in our area were in full bloom and so beautiful. I pruned an insane amount of branches off my fast growing (budding) tree, and lugged them into his class.  I pre-cut the pink tissue into squares so the kids could then glue the folded blossoms onto the branches.

Even though it was a lot of work, the project was fun for the kids and perfect for spring!


*There's still time to enter the Shabby Apple Giveaway!*
The dress is so pretty and would be perfect for spring! :)


7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Very pretty! Also, the only kind of blossom tree my allergies would appreciate. =]

Chrissy @ Boerman Ramblings said...

that looks so expensive...love it

Susan @ homeroad.net said...

That looks so real! I had to look at it a few times to be sure. It looks so great! I'm going to have to try this!
Thanks for sharing!
Susan

Rebekah★All Thingz Related★ said...

oooo! It's lovely! Perfect for spring!

Delle said...

That is gorgeous!!! Looks perfect in front of the mirrir too!!!

The "Boutique" Girls said...

LOVE THEM!!!

Nichole @ Barillafab4.blogspot.com said...

love this for spring decorating after such a long winter! I linked on my blog

http://barillafab4.blogspot.com/2011/04/friday-fab-finds.html

thanks for sharing your ideas!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...