I finished up the Greek trim pillow today that Autumn designed for my bedroom.
I am in love with the Greek trim she picked out and the Dalmatian print,
The pillow cover pattern I have been using for all the pillows is from Make It and Love It.
I adjusted her pattern to fit a 12x24 inch pillow. Her tutorial is so easy and is a keeper.
I couldn't find a down pillow form that was 12x24 so I made a pillow insert and at first stuffed it with fiberfill. It was lumpy and ugly. So I resorted to tearing up an old down pillow I had stuffed in a closet. I had feathers everywhere, it looked like I killed a chicken in my kitchen! Crazy...I know, but the pillow certainly looks better with down!
For the trim, I carefully pinned it and mitered the corners to make sure it all worked.
I love my see through quilting ruler.
The 45 degree angle was very helpful to get the mitered corners just right.
To attach the the trim, I used Liquid Stitch...great stuff! It was so easy! I lined the inside of the pillow with cardstock, because the glue does bleed through the fabric. I also tested it on scraps first.
These are the easiest mitered corners I have ever made!
I wish it went as easily on the shams I was sewing the other day....I turned those ones over to Mom.
This pillow was surprisingly easy to make and
it will be a fun, whimsical print to add to the other pillows on the bed.
Autumn also suggested purchasing this Imperial Trellis pillow found on etsy. I ordered one as an accent pillow for a side chair in the room. Nenavon also makes many other beautiful pillows found in her etsy shop.
I'll be back soon with the bedskirt...it turned out really nice and I saved a ton by making it myself.