It pays to be a craft hoarder. I have a ~scary~ craft closet full of all sorts of things. In a couple of bags I found moss, excelsior, spanish moss, feathers, nests...and more moss. I knew I would use them someday!
We wanted this last wreath to be "springy." We pictured bugs, grass, nests, green.
We used a larger grapevine wreath, I think it's 24-28". I wanted this one on my front door so it had to be able to hold up to four little boys constantly opening and slamming the door shut.
First came the spanish moss, mixed with green moss. We wrapped thread again around the wreath to secure.
Nicole had to head off to her wood shop and cut away for her Easter letter class...so I was on my own with this one. I think I called her twenty times to get her two cents, sending pictures by email. It helps to have a second set of eyes to tell you ...yeah..this doesn't look good...tweak this. My wreath looked...barren yesterday. So I added, fluffed, and stuffed with Nicole's advice. Looks much better now.
I used floral wire to hold the nests on. The rest is hot glued. I guess if you want this to be more stable, you could use wire and picks. When I hot glued the eggs on, I nestled them down until I hit the grapevine, to give the egg something substantial to be glued on.
We spray painted and coated the ~plastic~ eggs with craft paint, and again...speckled with brown.
I know my neighbors think I'm nuts...cuz I've been spraying plastic eggs like a crazy lady all week! :)
I did add- just a little bit- of E600 glue to each egg to keep them shut.
I found a butterfly, a dragonfly, and a little bird at the craft store for a couple of dollars. I didn't like the color
for the wreath, so I spray painted them.
I added sprigs of greenery, sticks, and a few flowers.
And that's THE END of the plastic egg wreaths .....at least for now. :)