Each piece of candy was added with a hot glue gun. I made sure to use a low temp gun to avoid some serious burns to the fingers!
I also grabbed a bag of gummy ring candy (Peach O's) at the store that fit perfectly around the large gum drops.
Painting the Styrofoam the same color as the candy helps to hide the gaps.
Nicole and I have made candy topiaries a couple of times, like the Jelly Bean and Halloween topiaries.
(I missed Nicole this time...she didn't want to catch what I had!) In those cases, we used Styrofoam balls, which are easier to place candy around. You have to get creative with candy placement on the discs.
I filled the edges of these flowers with red hots to avoid getting too bulky.
I hot glued layers of Styrofoam into the glass vase, making sure there was room for the jellybeans to fit along the side. Next I added the flowers, then filled the vase with pounds of jellybeans. I used heart lollipops to fill in the empty spaces. All of the stems were wrapped with green floral tape and the heart leaves were made from scrap paper.